13 November 2015

Daring Cardmakers - Cuddly Creatures

Hi!
Nat has set the challenge over on Daring Cardmakers this week and the topic is 'Cuddly Creatures'. It's a great opportunity to use those extra cute and cuddly stamps, die cuts, papers, whatever you want!

I used a very recent purchase I just couldn't resist because of it's super cuteness. It's the Pink Fresh Studio Christmas Wishes stamp set. It's one of those stamps though that doesn't have much room for adding colour to so at first I was a bit stumped on how to use it. I went to an idea I used before of adding the colour to the card first then stamping over the top. Kind of like a reverse water colouring in.
I placed the stamp above where I wanted to stamp it and then added the colours referring to the stamp picture to get them roughly in the right places. The whole idea of this was to just give it a hint of colour so it's never an intention to get it super neat and tidy. With the first one I stupidly didn't give it enough time to dry before stamping and all the ink ran into the colour so definitely leave the coloured bits to dry completely first before over stamping! I was using a mix of watercolour paint and spray inks for the colours.
Here's my final finished card. I just added a bit of Stickles glitter glue and some washi tape underneath to give the stamps an anchor.



3 comments:

Angelnorth said...

The slightly off-register colour blocking works really well with this - looks fab!

Natty said...

Oh I absolutely love what you did with this product line! It's just so fun isn't it!
Fantastic card Leo. :D

Miri said...

That's such a cuddly little polar bear. I like your card. The whole layout and colour scheme is very intriguing for a Christmas card