29 November 2013

Going for Gold

It's my turn to set the dare this week over on http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com and I've come up with the challenge to use just gold and white.
I wanted the gold to really shine so that's why I've added in the bit about just using white to accompany it. It's be way too easy to just add a bit of gold to any card. ;)
I think it really makes for a striking card too and it's something you can use for so many different occasions.
I got to thinking that when I was making my card. I was going to make a Christmas card but  ended up not putting any message on the card because I stopped and really liked it as it was and thought it could be a good card to save as a 'stand in' for lots of different occasions.

 
The embossing folder I've used for the background is the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots one then I've wrapped some gold metallic sewing thread around that before fixing it down. The little frame is a Melissa Frances resin embellishment that I've covered with faux gold leaf so it's really bling! The heart is a wood veneer shape just covered with gold glitter.
Really simple to look at but I did get v messy making it, gold leaf and glitter is just fun that way.
 
Hope you can join in with this weeks dare too. Pop on over to http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com to see the awesome design team cards and leave your link so we can come and see your card.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Love all of the shine! The resin frame is gorgeous. Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great dare this week Leo - love your card :)

Unknown said...

... and messy cards are definitely the best kind.

Darnell said...

This card is fabulous, Leo! I'm pinning it and can't wait to CASE it! Thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell