9 August 2013

Sweet Things - Daring Cardmakers

This week on Daring Cardmakers Zuz has set the challenge to create a card using the theme of 'Sweet Things' so a card with something sweet related, cake, ice cream etc. There's also this lovely image to take inspiration from:


Here's the card I made for this week's challenge:

 
I started off gathering together papers taking inspiration for the patterns and colours from the image. The Lace paper is a My Minds Eye one appropriately from the 'Sweetest Thing' collection. The other pink bit is a fabric and the rose pattern was one I made from a print out onto tracing paper. I didn't have any cupcake or sweet images to use that weren't 'cutesy' which didn't suit the papers so I went online to hunt one out and found a set on etsy from VintageTimes39. I printed the cake image directly onto the background paper then layered the other paper pieces on top and stitched them down with the sewing machine. The greeting was stamped and embossed with chocolate scented embossing powder to add to the whole sweet theme.
Pop onto http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com to see all the amazing DT creations and don't forget to leave a link if you have a go at this weeks challenge.
x Leo

1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love your card Leo, that cake looks scrummy!