29 May 2013

Daring Cardmakers - Plant a tree!

Here's my Daring Cardmakers card for this week:

 
The theme this week is trees and Zuzana has as asked us to include a tree on our cards. My tree is a stamp from a stamp set of leaves and trees I've had for a long time. In fact I think it was one of my first crafty purchases so it was a very long time ago! It's a lovely wooden stamp set though and I don't really buy wood block stamps anymore so it's good to get them out every now and then and remember how lovely they are to use. The paper layers on my card are made up of my most recent crafty purchase so I guess it makes a nice balance! I've been busy using up left over bits and pieces over the last month so I treated myself to a little something new and bought two of the new Basic grey snippet pads. I've not bought any basic grey for a long time but some of their latest collections caught my eye. I picked up the Hipster and Mint Julep ones and they're great for layering and the 4x6 size makes them perfect for cardmaking too. So, well recommended :) I'm still using up patterned paper scraps but mixing in a bit of something new once in a while really helps to give me a fresh eye with them. Pop on over to daringcardmakers.blogspot.com to have a go at this weeks challenge!
x Leo
 

No comments: