26 August 2011

Daring Cardmakers 'Feeling Krafty'

This week it's the turn of Fran to set the dare. If you've not checked out Fran's blog yet it's a real treat - full of gorgeous pretty cards!
Fran has set us the challenge of creating a card with 3 'natural' elements. I'm already a huge kraft card fan, (great colour as a base and these ones I used are made from 100% recycled paper so that is another fab plus) so I began with a kraft card base then had a look around for other 'natural' items to use. I love these guinea fowl feathers they're so pretty with their natural little dotty pattern so I decided to use one of those. I also had some new stash to play with; some of the lovely 'Happy Days' from Echo Park. It's bright and fun with a 50's kitschy twist - my favorite kind of twist! I also got a little bit of the Amy Tangerine American Crafts - just the stickers. I'll be getting some more for the next Quirky Kits so I'm being good and waiting to use more of it then.

I don't know if the woodgrain sticker counts as 'natural' enough so I also added a little wooden heart embellishment and some wool felt making a matt with it for the sticker.

Head on over to Daring Cardmakers to get cracking with your own card and remember to add a link to your blog so we can come and see what you've made! www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

5 comments:

purple_pea_fran said...

This is fabby Leo! Loving that feather and those woodgrain embellies :) Fran x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Leo - that feather is just perfect and I love the flowers Sx

Kathy said...

ohhh this is so lovely Leo - the little wooden heart is just perfect

Rika said...

Fab card Leo!

Natty said...

Loved this card Leo, especially the little bicycle. :D