8 July 2011

Daring Cardmakers - 'Suitcase'

It's Friday! It's time for another Daring Cardmakers card. It was the turn of Rein this week who has set the following dare:

it's Rein here this week and my dare is
"SUITCASE"
I'd like you to use a suitcase in any way you like on your card.
It could be what you put in your suitcase when you're off travelling, or you could incorporate any sort of suitcase; old, new, shiny or battered into your design.

And this is what I've come up with this week...........

Funny story actually I made this card this morning about 15mins ago because I've been so busy this week with so many things rushing through my head I forgot it was Friday! Who forgets it's Friday?! I think I need a holiday! lol I grabbed my leftovers of For The Record by Echo Park because I knew I had a suitcase sticker on there so that was good to go. There's a scrap of October Afternoon paper on there too ( the crossword one). I wanted it to look more grungy so I went for a spattering of white ink, (Mr Huey Calico White). The camera is a stamp - I thought it went well with the whole travely themed birthday card. The happy bit is Thickers - got some bargain ones in the Sarahs Cards sale, these little size ones are fab for cards.
Well if you'd like to play along with this weeks dare get yourself over to Daring Cardmakers and give it a go! www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Rika said...

Fab birthday card Leo!

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card Leo, I always love how you put your cards together. x

Zuzana Obert said...

Leo, that is fabulous card. Well now I need to add Echo Park to my shopping list :0)

Zuz. x x

Lythan said...

I have finally got my hands on these wonderful papers - and you ahve sown them at their best. Fab card leo

Lynda said...

A gorgeous card Leo and I can't believe you made in 15 minutes!!! I love it!

Love Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

Love the mix of bits and bobs on here, Leo - and it all works together so well!

Jo said...

I can't believe how quickly you made this card - it looks amazing!

Love all the different elements - did have a little chuckle at you forgetting it was Friday :D

jo xx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Leo - a great idea snd I just love those papers - I wish I could come up with something so fab in such a short time!

Natty said...

Oooh Leo, I am so jealous you made this in 15 minutes, and in panic mode too! It totally rocks!
I bought For the Record but have really struggled to make cards with it, this card has totally inspired me. :oD

Dolly Mixtures said...

Really look forward to seeing your creations each week Leo - and you never fail to impress! great combination of elements and those little touches like the ink splatters are just the perfect finish.

Juls said...

ooooh this is just such a fabby card! Hugs Juls