27 May 2011

Daring Cardmakers Passion for Fashion

Hi!

So here's my first go at playing along with DCMers as a DT member! I'm really excited to be part of the team and looking forward to making some new bloggy friends so hi if you've never popped in here before! I'm Leo, short for Leonora but everyone calls me Leo and it's way easier to type too ;-).
I've got a bunch of leftover fabric bits and pieces on my desk this week so I grabbed  some of those to make an embellishment with stitching it together with my sewing machine. I used some paper off cuts in the background and to make the shoes with just sketching them out onto paper and cutting them out. I popped some PVA glue over the tops of them to make them a bit more substantial as embellies. The flower I made with rolled tissue paper and glued it to another paper flower before adding it to the card. The title bit I cut out of some patterned paper, I think it was a Jenni Bowlin one - it was just a little off cut but it had the  'fashion' word on it so I had to use it and just chopped out the word, added it to a label and then just popped the rest of the off cut of the paper underneath.
xx Leo

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Your cards are always so inspiring - how could we not ask you to join The Daring Cardmakers Design Team
I love all the layering on this one and the sunny yellows and creams are just beautiful

Juls said...

too cute!! Loving the polka dot shoes! Hugs Juls

Lythan said...

I'm so thrilled you have joined the team. I want a pair of those shoes so much! (its the print lining I think I love) the whole card is fabulous:)

Natty said...

Welcome to the team Leo - I'm so happy you've joined us as I've always loved and admired your creations! :o)
And this card is no different, I adore the colours and the little bit of Crate. ;o)

Lynda said...

Fabulous card Leo - very Summery and pretty.

Love Lynda

Rika said...

Wonderful card Leo,
love the shoes!

Zuzana Obert said...

Welcome to the team Leo! This card is stunning. Excellent style!I love the colours - so summery and fresh and those shoes are real fashion die for pair :0)

Zuz. x x

Dolly Mixtures said...

Love the way you put the little polka dot shoes together. everything works so perfectly. A great first DT card.

Oscar said...

Gorgeous card, I love that you've used fabric (really must try that soon) and the soft colours work so well together. x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Leo, I love the bright colours and those shoes are brilliant.