28 June 2010

'Office Tabs' Tutorial

I've noticed this fun little office style stationary is eeking through into ready made scrapbook embellishments just recently.

I think they're really cute but my mission since this May has been to use things I have already so I took a good look at some 'office tab' embellishments and worked a way to make some from leftovers.
All I used was paper and card leftovers, a corner rounder and my paper trimmer......

Cut a piece from the scrap paper that measures 3x2.5 inches. Score and fold it in half along the longest length.

Cut off two corners from the folded edge.



Round off the top corners with your corner rounder.
 
Tada, really simple right? You can then have fun decorating them up......
 
I've given it a texture with an embossing folder then cut a shape from more card and cut a tiny heart from a tiny leftover piece of American Crafts Dear Lizzy fabric paper. The stamp is from a Banana Frog set called 'Documenting'. Everything I had hanging around on my desk. I've recently been rediscovering my dies and punches. I never really used them enough before. It's fun to dig into your tools to see what you can make from scratch.
Here's another one.....
Same stamp set and a flower that's been hanging around my desk for ages!
 
It's a fun creative thing to try anyway.
xx Leo

No comments: