15 October 2009

October Afternoon Evening

I've been having lots of fun playing with my new October Afternoon papers I picked out papers from the Report Card and Farm Fresh lines. Love the new mini market alphabet stickers too, I picked out the red and cream ones. I've only been chopping out small pieces at the mo, the patterns are so lush I wanted to showcase them and really I guess use them as the main embellishment.
Really simple one just sketching a cowboy boot on to pattered paper then cutting it out and decorating it with some extra little bits of paper then adding the letter stickers. The tag is from the Cherry Hill die cuts sheet and the bakers twine is from my stash - actually it's in my shop if you wanted some on this page. I did want to add a machine stitched boarder but I made this in front of the TV (project runway) and ironically couldn't be bothered to get out the sewing machine so I just doodled a boarder on instead. The Farm Fresh papers gave me the idea for this one even though I only used a tiny bit of the Farm Fresh papers on it - most of them are actually the Report card ones! I wanted to make a sweet little apron and that kind of developed in to a dress with an apron. These two are note cards so they're just on pieces of 6x4 card. I'm loving making note cards and hello cards at the mo more than any other. I'm in a kraft mood too - it's the autumn it brings it out in all of us right?

I'm not sure why I thought a patterned ice cream cone would be good I guess it's just quirky? I figured if an ice cream cone would be patterned it would probably be made out of fabric so I gave it a tag and little doodled stitching. Looking back on it, it would actually make a really cute soft furnishing embellishment - ice cream cone cushions? Hmmmm....
xx Leo

1 comment:

Judith said...

These cards are fantastic. I love the cowboy boot. x