4 September 2009

Blog needs an update.....

Aggghh can't believe it's been so long since I updated my blog! Well it has been summer so I've been enjoying that in between being mega busy. I have been updating the Crafty Templates blog with a few things I've been making this past few weeks. I've also got some stuff to share I did a while back but haven't posted up yet......

I made myself a new noticeboard and turned some American Crafts Flair into push pins just by gluing flat topped push pins to the backs with a hot glue gun. I was thinking you could also do the same with buttons - will have to experiment!

A shaker card, I'm thinking shaker cards need to make a come back, I'm not sure if they ever went away though lol. Loads of American Crafts goodies on this one too. The shaker box I made with nestabilities. I cut a shape out from card, covered it with patterned paper then cut out a matching frame shape from thick card, layering that with a piece of acetate and then finishing it off by adding the same frame shape cut from paper to decorate it. The thickness of the card frame creates the shaker box so you need to make sure it's slightly deeper than what you're filling your box with - in this instance buttons. Oh and make sure you add your shaker bits before you stick it all together, nearly forgot that bit!


This is the card I did ages ago with my October Afternoon leftovers and it's in this months Cards mag! I was having a flick this morning there's loads more fab inspro in there defo recommend it. Took that photo in July when it was warm, wish it was that warm now I've already invested in my winter coat it's that cold! Brrrrr

I'm off to do some cards now so I should have something new to share, I've got a congratulations card to make and some samples to start for CT. Got a nice new box of Bazzill dotted swiss card to dip into - makes it so much more fun when you've got new stash to use doesn't it!

xx Leo

ETA Moley the base card I made with a piece of acetate cut into 10x7 and scored then folded in half. xx

1 comment:

Mole said...

I LOVE that new home card, it's fab! Did you use a 'prper' acetate card base or did you make it yourself?