20 February 2009

Jewellery Challenge ~ handmade

This week over on the jewellery challenge blog the challenge is to make something with handmade beads. I felt like doing something with fabric so this is what I came up with....

I know it's a loose interpretation of 'bead' lol. I guess it's a pendant kind of bead :). All I did was print some images on to fabric transfer paper (the kind that you iron on and peel off). The images I used are all downloads from Kitschy Digitals. Once transferred on to the fabric I cut out the images and layered them up with some denim fabric then stitched the layers together. To make it a 'bead' I stitched a pocket bit on the back that has two open ends. to allow thread to be strung though. The beads on the necklace are vintage beads from a broken necklace (thrift store find ;) ).
Looking forward to another challenge!
xx Leo

5 comments:

Aims said...

I love this! Wow how unique and cool?!

Well done Leo! Good luck in the jewellery challenge :)

Aims x

Debbie said...

Oh wow Leo this is fantastic, what a great idea. Thank you for joining in with my challenge :)
Debbie x

craft mad Jenny said...

cool - such an original idea, a great piece!

tiggertastic said...

WOW what a creative lady, this is excellent i love the fabric you have used and the pearls look excellent

thank you for playing along

Sarah x

Heather said...

Wow I love this! Good luck with the challenge!