7 February 2008

68th Blog Post

Sorry I've not been around for a while, not like I haven't wanted to spend time making cards, just more like zillions of other things have had to come first. But the last week or so I've got crafty again, had a clear out of old stash, brought in some new bits and waiting with childlike giddiness for all the new goodies to come floating down from CHA to stock up some more!

So this is what I've been working on this week........
DMC Jo's doodley challenge
I copied Jo's circle boarder doodling technique for the scallop edges. Used layered paper and crocheted flowers with a cuttlebug embossy bit in between and a cute heart pin. I used my cuttlebug for the background too, some teal cardstock with the birthday embossing plate. The dragonfly is punched out and layered up then glossy accented all over as is the chipboard heart bit at the top. The lace is from my great grandmas collection of stuff from her sewing box, I've inherited a load of lovely lacy bits and buttons and old jewellery to play with!

And... I did the red and white DMC challenge!


I used the heart blocks cuttlebug embossing folder for the background and dry brushed over some red paint. The muffin and wording are my stamps from dewdropz crafts, the muffin is stamped on chipboard covered with red card then cut out and coloured. Then I've inked in white a heart chipboard shape and added some felt flowers with layered up buttons in the centers.
This challenge was so difficult because I really hate monochromatic colourways, multi colour funness all the way I say! :-D
I've done more stuff with the stamps I need to photograph but it's too dark now, hate that about winter I need light!!! There's a little heart shaped minibook I made with the heart journaling stamp and a Bind it All. So will come back with those v soon!
xx Leo

4 comments:

Judy said...

WOW - what stunning cards!
Love the bright colours of the 'doodley' one!
The read & white is gorgeous too!
Judy NZ

Gina said...

Fantastic cards, such wonderful dimension to them! Love the colours you've used in the doodle card! :O)

Andrea, said...

Fantastic cards, fabulous colours

Anne said...

Cool cards, particularly like the one with the doodled scallop borders - the colours are fab! And it's reminded me I must use some of the flowers I crocheted so obsessively last summer...