24 July 2007

Pocket Full of Hugs


My DMC dare card for this week. For my pocket I used the jeans pocket template from Crafty Templates to make a pocket shaped card then decorated it with Love Elsie fabric, Circus Rose paper and some random buttons. I filled my pocket with hugs, made using different alpha stamp sets stamped on some card scraps.


Lynne I have a funny story about the origins of that Pretenders song Brass in Pocket from my mum and dad. Back in the day a few years before I came along my dad was in a 'rock band' and the band played a few 'gigs' with the Pretenders. In Yorkshire speak 'Brass' means money and when Chrissie Hynde heard them talking she thought it was cool and wrote it into her song. So that's what it means she's got some brass in her pocket and she's off on the town! Funny eh!

12 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, I love it!!

Great take on the challenge :)

Andrea, said...

Brilliant card I love orange and blue together

Lynne said...

Fantastic card Leo, thanks for joining in with my dare.

Lynne said...

Oops - and thanks for the Pretenders info - it one of my favourite songs ..... :D

Clare said...

Really clever - great card.

Jane said...

I love your work Leo..........and this is so cool.

Kathy said...

Fab card - I love the idea of having a pocket full of hugs!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous card - love it!

Marlou McAlees said...

Excellent card, really trendy, where do you get elsie fabric??

Unknown said...

Love the colour combo!

Patsy Jackson said...

Fab card Leo - love the colour combo and great use of that textured pp - haven't used mine yet lol!

Louly said...

I love this, it's really vibrant and eye carching.