13 July 2007

Habertrashery

Couldn't think up a title for this post, came up with habertrashery because as well as using stuff from the haberdashers on my card for the DMcers dare I've used vintage buttons and a page from an old pattern making book so that's the trash bit...
When I read the dare this morning I knew I had to have a play because my desk at the mo looks like the after effect of a free for all in the haberdashery dept. Seriously there's buttons and threads and ribbons everywhere so that's basically what my card turned out like, all these bits I've got laying round squished into a 140mm squared card blank!

I used a Petaloo blossom, MayArts ribbon and some more bits from Ribbon Oasis, Lace from my local haberdashers, Habiknit and buttons, some vintage some not, one's a Love Elsie chipboard one.

Just like to also add that I absolutely love a good rummage in a Haberdashers. Rooting round for little forgotten gems for 35p a bundle and going to the till with armfuls of goodies that always seem to add up to less that £10.00? Love it! :-D

22 comments:

Kathy said...

Leo - what a wonderful, eclectic mix of all things haberdashery - it looks just faberdashery to me!

Lythan said...

oooh retro and modern all in one card. Brilliant!

mum-on-the-run said...

Fab card, love the mix of elements you've used!

Patsy Jackson said...

Fab card Leo!! You've gotta love those petaloo blooms (I do!!). Really funky colours too!

Patsy x

Penny said...

What a fun and funky card! Love it!

Lynne said...

FAB-FAB-FAB!!!!
Love the funky & vintage look of this card - it's a great mix.

Gorgeous card.

Anice said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing it.

Gillian said...

Totally 'LUSH' Leo, love it! just want to touch, so much texture and scrummy bits combined Beautifully!!!!

Adele said...

Ooo,,,,,so touchy, feeling and gorgeous!! Not seen your blog before Leo and I love your work. Very inspirational!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful card. Love the colour mix & the textures

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fanastic, love what you did with the challenge

Sheila said...

Oh yummy........I love it.

jo said...

FAB!!!! I love all the colours and textures here.

Marlou McAlees said...

Excellent card I love it :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I've always loved that chocolate and aqua color combo, and the addition of other colors makes this really pop.

Unknown said...

So many looks that blend so well together! Retro, funky, old, modern. Great!

Donna said...

I really like your card - the crochet flower centre looks very Retro

Donna
Guest Designer at Daring Cardmakers
http://donnascardsnstuff.blogspot.com/

Rika said...

This is beautiful! love it!

Andrea, said...

Great mixture of items

Louly said...

Really touchy feely, I often make cards for a blind lady, she'd love this (lol that sounds bad, you know what i mean don't you?)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

I love this - so unique!

Jo said...

wow! this is just so fab, it looks amazing!

jo xx