23 January 2007

Card Makers Dare

This week it's making a card with an aperture. I always struggle to use slide mounts even though I have no trouble buying them. I figured a slide mount would make a good frame for an aperture on a card so I cut out a window on the card slightly larger than the aperture in the slide mount and glued it over the window to create the framed aperture. The message is printed on the inside of the card so it shows on the front when it's closed and also on the inside when it's opened!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is lovely Leo, I'd have never thought of using a slide mount for the aperture, it's an awesome idea and your card is Brilliant..

Anonymous said...

Like you I have slide mounts but never use them - thot I would try a shaker card with one for this dare but I think I will try another time ! lol


Great ideas here !

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and such yummy colours!

Aaahhh slide mounts - seems we like all love them but don't know what to do with them eh? Maybe we should have a slide mount dare one day.....

Anonymous said...

Fab card Leo and great use of a slide mount, blue and brown together are one of my favourite colour combos. What a lovely sorry card too, its amazing how having a set number of letters sets you thinking!

Anonymous said...

What a great card - makes me want a piece of that cake. I like the way you positioned the aperture.